Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
from "the good home cookbook"
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- Cook the ziti in a large pot of salted boiling water until done, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir the ricotta and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella into the ziti.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce. Spoon the ziti mixture over the sauce. Cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbling. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This was really great! I only used 8 oz. of ricotta cheese, and I probably used at least 16 oz. of mozzarella cheese or more. This was really easy to make, I followed the directions exactly and it turned out really good. My husband and I both loved it, and he has decided this is his new favorite food. This made a lot, and I thought I would only make half as much next time because my husband hates leftovers, but this is something he enjoyed to have leftovers of. The only thing I didn't really like was the marinara sauce I bought next time I am going to find a less chunky kind.