Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook ziti according to package direction.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- In a large pot, over medium-low heat oil. Add onion an cook until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add beef to pot and increase heat to medium-high. Cook beef until no longer pink.
- Drain any remaining liquid from pot.
- Add garlic and oregano and stir for two minutes.
- Add marinara sauce and heat for another two minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and add parmesan, ricotta and spinach; mix.
- Spread mixture into a oven safe baking dish or several individual large ramekins. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake until the mozzarella melts.
This was pretty good. I did use penne in place of ziti, sausage in place of the beef and had to leave out the spinach (thought I had some, but didn't). Definitely makes WAY more servings than called for...I made 1/2 recipe and got 2 casseroles full! The one I cooked tonight had 4 good size servings and put another one in the freezer with probably another 3 servings. Just now noticed that I didn't put the s/p in since it wasn't in the directions, but don't think it was needed. I think my sausage was a little freezer burned, so that detracted, but definitely not the recipe's fault! Made for Bargain Basement tag game.