Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Johnsonville sausage. My family doesn't eat pork so I am tweaking the recipe to use turkey sausage.
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) package turkey sausage, cooked
- 8 ounces penne or 8 ounces rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen garlic bread, thawed
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced into 12 slices
- In a large bowl, mix first eight ingredients. Toss gently.
- Place mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Place the sliced garlic bread on top of mixture and cover with mozzarella.
- Dip tomato slices in olive oil and place on each bread slice.
- Bake uncovered at 400 for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand 10 minutes to help set before slicing .