Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm not a big fan of ricotta, so when I found this recipe, I had to try it. I'm so glad I did! While not a pronounced flavor, the sour cream adds a creaminess to the recipe. A big hit with my picky son! I leave out the ground beef for my vegetarian DH.
- 453.59 g dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 2 (1474.17 g) jar spaghetti sauce
- 170.09 g provolone cheese, sliced
- 354.88 ml sour cream
- 170.09 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat; Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture; Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
So I have been making another baked ziti recipe that I wasn't the biggest fan of until tonight. While at the grocery store I found this recipe on my cell phone through an app for a different website and decided to try it. So glad I did. This was delicious. Made it almost exactly the same except added minced garlic to the mean and onion while it browned and increased the cheese a lot since we LOVE cheese. Great flavor and so tasty.
Simple and delicious! I used two 8x8 pans rather than a 9x13 -- one to eat and one to freeze/give away. I did use turkey sausage rather than ground beef but otherwise made it exactly as directed. Thanks, Connie, for a great recipe!
Delicious! I had a roll of Jimmy Dean hot sausage and used that instead of ground beef. I took the advice from another review and froze half. It will be coming out of the freezer soon :-D. Thank you!