I'm not a big fan of ricotta, so when I found this recipe, I had to try it. I'm so glad I did! While not a pronounced flavor, the sour cream adds a creaminess to the recipe. A big hit with my picky son! I leave out the ground beef for my vegetarian DH.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat; Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture; Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.