Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. I haven't tried it yet but I thought it sounded good.
- 5 lbs yucca root
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs gouda cheese, for filling
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- Boil the yuca in water until soft and add salt. Drain and mash well.
- Slowly mix in the milk making a slightly soft paste.
- Add the butter, eggs, and baking powder.
- Flatten the mashed yucca paste into sheets. Cut the cheese into long strips and place in the middle of each sheet.
- Roll the sheets into small wraps filled with cheese.
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.