Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This sounded interesting and I thought I'd post it since it is different from the other yogurt chicken recipes.
- 3 lbs chicken parts
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, cleaned, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (or parsley)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet and fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Remove to a buttered shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle flour and paprika into the pan juices and cook; stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir in yogurt and mix well.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Saute mushrooms in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and lemon juice for 1 minute.
- Spoon this over the chicken and yogurt and add a sprinkling of dill (or parsley) to that.
- Bake, covered, in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.