Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love the addition of hot sauce to this casserole.
Make and share this Baked Yellow Squash Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 8 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 slice cooked and crumbled bacon
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml evaporated milk
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml Ritz cracker crumbs
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml hot sauce (or two or three dashes)
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Cook squash and onion in a small amount of boiling water until squash is tender; drain well.
- Place squash and onions in a food processor and and process until smooth.
- Combine squash mixture and remaining ingredients; mix well and spoon into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 35 mins at 350 degrees.
I can't believe that I'm the first to review this! This has a lot more flavor than the typical yellow squash casseroles. I think it's the bacon, worcestershire and hot sauce that make it special. This was the perfect use for the last of my garden's summer squash. Thanx!