Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love the addition of hot sauce to this casserole.
- 8 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce (or two or three dashes)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cook squash and onion in a small amount of boiling water until squash is tender; drain well.
- Place squash and onions in a food processor and and process until smooth.
- Combine squash mixture and remaining ingredients; mix well and spoon into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 35 mins at 350 degrees.
I can't believe that I'm the first to review this! This has a lot more flavor than the typical yellow squash casseroles. I think it's the bacon, worcestershire and hot sauce that make it special. This was the perfect use for the last of my garden's summer squash. Thanx!