Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice holiday dish with a nice orange flavor. Goes good with turkey or pork. You can use less nutmeg if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel yam with a potato peeler. Slice yam into 1/4-inch slices.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and pour into baking dish. Arrange yam slices in baking dish.
- Dot yam slices with remaining 1/2 stick butter.
- Mix orange juice and Grand Marnier together and pour over yam slices.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and orange zest. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake until fork tender, about 45 minutes.
- Place yam slices on serving plate and garnish with orange slices and fresh parsley.
This was a delicious way to prepare yams, Mikekey. I thought I had picked a fairly large yam, but it ended up in way too much butter (and I didn't even use the remaining 1/2 stick to dot on the yams before baking). So I'm beginning to think my yam was a runt. But the nutmeg and orange zest added a wonderful spicy touch, and I know I'll make this dish again.