Recipe by MarraMamba
A terrific blend of spices, that is a nice change from candied yams.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
With just 2 of us, I cut the recipe in half & then reduced the amount of chili powder to 2 teaspoons, but otherwise followed the recipe, & the yams were absolutely delicious! This great new way to prepare yams is a definite keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder, new mexico if possible, plus
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder, new mexico if possible
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 6 yams
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Using electric mixer, beat first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl until fluffy. (can be done 3 days ahead, cover and refridgerate, bring to room temperature before using).
- Line large baking sheet with foil. Place yams on sheet, bake until tender, 1 hour 10 minutes. Slit each lengthwise. Spoon 1 tbs of butter into each. Pass remaining butter separately.