1/1 Photo of Baked Winter Squash Soup
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Gillian Spence's Note:
I got this recipe from my friend Jodi Moore in Bellingham Washington. She made it for a dinner party in the dead of winter and gave it to us in mugs as we walked in from the snow.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds.
- 3Place squash in roasting pan, skin side down. In cavities place 1 T. butter and 1 t. sugar. Place carrots and onions around squash.
- 4Pour 2 cups of stock in pan, cover and bake for 2 hours.
- 5Remove and allow to cool. Scoop out pulp from squash and place in soup pot. Add carrots, onions and cooking juices.
- 6Add remaining stock and mace, ginger, cayenne and salt to taste. Stir and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 7Puree until smooth. Adjust seasonings.
- 8Serve with garnish of creme fraiche and chives.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Winter Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (562 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 370.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 8.5 g