1 hr 10 mins
Chef GillianSand's Note:
Easy. Gives the impression of taking more prep time than it actually does! Use any winter squash! Delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups peeled and cubed winter squash
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or more)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or honey, or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Place squash in a bowl and toss with minced garlic and parsley.
- 3Drizzle maple syrup and toss lightly.
- 4Add flour, garlic salt and optional nutritional yeast. Toss to coat the cubes .
- 5Pour squash mixture into a baking dish and drizzle with oil.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a bit crusty on top and soft underneath, but not mushy.
- 7This winter-time dish goes well with so many entrees you can hardly go wrong. This recipe was loosley adapted from Fit for Life's "American Vegetarian Cookbook.".
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Winter Squash (Au Gratin)
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.1
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g