Top Review by Bayhill
This was very good!! I followed the recipe except I made the following changes: I added 2TBSP. brown sugar, 1 TBSP flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, and a pinch of salt to the apple and pear mixture. I omitted the nuts from the topping, and I baked it in a 7x11" baking dish for 40 min. This is wonderful served warm with vanilla ice cream. Thanks for such a great recipe.
- 3 cups apples, peeled
- 3 cups pears, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss fruit with lemon juice.
- Spread in lightly buttered 9-inch baking pan or deep pie plate.
- In a mixing bowl, combine lemon rind, flour, oats, nuts, sugar and spices.
- Blend in butter with a fork and spread over fruit.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Serve with milk, cream or ice cream.