Chef mariajane's Note:
If you are planning an elegant dinner in the near future, this recipe for baked wild BC salmon would be ideal. This recipe uses sockeye salmon, which is a popular choice for its rich flavor and deep-red firm flesh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a small bowl, mix basil leaves, fennel and butter cubes.
- 3Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place sockeye salmon onto an oiled rimmed baking sheet.
- 4Stuff basil mixture into belly cavity of salmon and bake for 40 minutes or until firm to the touch and flesh is opaque and just beginning to flake.
- 5To serve, spoon additional stuffing onto each portion and drizzle with pan juices.
- 6NOTE: You can use one type of basil instead of the three different varieties.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Wild Sockeye Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.1
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 228.3 mg
- Sodium 146.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 64.9 g