Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy to prepare healthy side dish.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups brown and wild rice mix (I like Lundberg Wild Blend)
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In large saute pan, warm oil.
- Saute the onions, green pepper, and garlic until soft.
- Add the rice and saute another 2 minutes, until sweetly fragrant.
- Stir in almonds and transfer to casserole dish.
- Add chicken broth, wine, salt, & pepper, stir to combine.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 1- 1 1/2 hours or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
This dish was good, but probably not one that I'll make again soon. I was hoping for something a bit more flavorful than this was.