Top Baked fish with butter, lemon juice and perphaps sliced almonds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the fish in cold, salted water for 15-30 minutes; drain and dry slightly.
- 2Preheat oven to 400.
- 3Season cavity with lemon slices, celery, onion, salt, and pepper and 2 TBS lemon juice.
- 4Close the fish and place bacon strips on top or around fish.
- 5Sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion salt and remainder of lemon juice.
- 6Cover with pats of butter and bake until flesh is white and flakes apart with fork (about 30 minutes for a 2 1/2 pound fish or 40-45 minutes for a 3 pounder).
- 7the fish may be broiled at the end to brown the bacon.
- 8Cut into 1 1/2 inch wide sections and serve with lemon wedges.
- 9Serves 2-4, depending on size of fish.
- 10Note: Other vegetables such as potatoes and tomatoes may be cooked with the fish if desired.
Browse Our Top Freshwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Freshwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Whole Fish
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.3
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 82.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: