Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy chicken and very tasty. You can even prepare the day before.
- 6 -7 lbs whole chickens (cleaned)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves (pealed)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 1. Add rosemary,garlic and olive oil in a mini chopper and blend well to a thick puree.
- 2. Clean chicken well. Pull back the skin careful not to tear it. COVER chicken with the rosemary mixture. Push skin back into place.
- 3. Stuff chicken with lemon halfs. (don't squeeze them).
- 4. Sprinkle top of chicken with salt and pepper.
- 5. Cook 2 1/2- 3 Hours uncovered at 350.
The chicken was very moist. I thought it would have more lemon flavor, but that was just anticipation. Next time I will put more garlic and rosemary in the chopper and on the chicken to add more "herb" flavor, just for personal preference.
Very very good and so moist!! Thanks for sharing...it's a keeper!
Simply easy and delicious. Will sure make again.Hubby wanted to know what the twig was.