Recipe by capri18
Easy chicken and very tasty. You can even prepare the day before.
Top Review by Michele7
The chicken was very moist. I thought it would have more lemon flavor, but that was just anticipation. Next time I will put more garlic and rosemary in the chopper and on the chicken to add more "herb" flavor, just for personal preference.
- 6 -7 lbs whole chickens (cleaned)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves (pealed)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Add rosemary,garlic and olive oil in a mini chopper and blend well to a thick puree.
- 2. Clean chicken well. Pull back the skin careful not to tear it. COVER chicken with the rosemary mixture. Push skin back into place.
- 3. Stuff chicken with lemon halfs. (don't squeeze them).
- 4. Sprinkle top of chicken with salt and pepper.
- 5. Cook 2 1/2- 3 Hours uncovered at 350.