Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy way to serve a pretty and delicious dish! Serve it with roasted vegetables and some type of brown or basmati rice dish. mealsforyou.
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dry onion soup mix
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional) or ground black pepper (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 (6 ounce) white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Combine sour cream and soup mix in a bowl.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Dip fish into sour cream mixture, then lightly coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange fish in a lightly oiled baking dish
- Drizzle oil over top.
- Bake about 8 minutes, until fish is lightly browned.
- Turn and bake another 5 minutes or until golden.
- *Wine Pairing: Riesling, White Zinfandel, or Chablis*.
This was great, I made a couple minor adjustments. Instead of peanut oil I used Grapeseed garlic infused oil (made by Wildtree). And used Italian breadcrumbs b/c that's what I had. On 2 of the filets for my DH I used some dried crushed red pepper from last years garden, which he liked. For my DS & I added fresh squeezed lemon at the table. The sour cream mix was nice to really hold the breading to the fish.
great way to add flavour to plain, boring fish. I goofed by adding the parsley to the sour cream mixture instead.
Delicious! Made it for my parents and everyone loved it. The sour cream really makes it tasty! I used tilapia and everyone thought it was perfect. Also didn't have peanut oil, used regular vegetable oil and it was fine.