1/1 Photo of Baked White Sea Bass With Drunken Baby Potatoes and Cumin Rice
Vic Krishnan (Kannan)'s Note:
A healthy recipe suitable for a main-course. Was just inspired by the premium quality Fish and Baby Potatoes I came across in the supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the fish fillets and evenly sprinkle half of the julienned ginger and the chopped spring onion at the base of the baking pan.
- 2Place the fish fillets on the bed of ginger and spring onion.
- 3Sprinkle the other half of the julienned ginger and chopped spring onion on top of the fish fillets.
- 4Sprinkle rock salt.
- 5Bake uncovered at 200 degrees celsius for 20 mins (do not preheat the oven).
- 6Boil the baby potatoes in salt water.
- 7Halve the boiled baby potatoes. Do not peel the skin.
- 8Soak the baby potatoes in the rice wine for half an hour.
- 9Once marinated in the rice wine, line the baby potatoes in the baking pan (skin side down) and pour whatever is left of the marinade onto the potatoes.
- 10Sprinkle rock salt and bake at 200 degrees celsius for 20 mins (do not preheat oven).
- 11I baked the fish fillets and the baby potatoes together in the same pan.
- 12Roast the cumin seeds until very light brown. The aroma of the cumin seeds will tell you when it is done.
- 13Cumin Rice.
- 14Add 2 cups of water to 1 cup of Thai Rice. (I cook the rice in a stone pot.).
- 15Add the oil, salt and the roasted cumin seeds and let the rice cook in the stone pot until it starts bubbling away.
- 16Turn off the gas (there will be liquid on top of the rice), cover the stone rice pot and the rest of the cooking gets done in the heat that is retained by the stone pot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked White Sea Bass With Drunken Baby Potatoes and Cumin Rice
Serving Size: 1 (810 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.0 mg
- Sodium 1678.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 49.6 g