Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I believe this is from a Cooking Light magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 fresh sage leaves, minced (I used dried)
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups of good crusty bread, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 450 Whisk together broth and tomato paste in a small bowl,then in a large bowl, stir together broth and tomato mixture with the beans, garlic,sage (or poultry seasoning) and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put in a 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Toss bread cubes with olive oil, season to taste (used garlic powder, seasoning salt, fresh pepper) Sprinkle the bread cubes over the beans.
- ,Bake until bubbly and bread is golden brown.
- Can freeze leftover tomato paste by freezing in ice cube trays and after frozen sealing in ziploc bags or food saver bags.