Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
No it doesn't take the whole weekend to make! I've combined recipes #173026 and #84957 and modified them so much it's taken a life of it's own... enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork (breakfast or mild Italian sausage is preferred)
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (more to taste)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Generously spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray. I prefer using a sprayed broiling rack so the grease separates from the meatballs.
- Mix all ingredients; should be 'moist' but not 'sloppy' -- add a bit more breadcrumb if necessary.
- Form into meatballs, about inch and a half across or so
- Plan ahead! Slightly flatten a dozen meatballs so they don't roll away when you make sandwiches --
- Place on sprayed sheet or rack close together without touching.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until done through.
- Serve on top of pasta with favorite sauce; they are *awesome* on long rolls with sauce and mozzarella or provolone.
- * Note: Can substitute some/all Romano cheese for shredded Parmesan cheese.
- * Number of meatballs and cooking length is dependent on how big you make them.
Made this for Neqw Kids on the Block tag game and must have forgotten to post the review. I made this as written and I have used the meatballs in several recipes since. One was in a meatball soup (delicious) and another small package I used in Easy Skillet Meatballs and Gravy#255799 by hillbillie mama for the Spring PAC tag. It is so nice to have the meatballs in the freezer to use at any time. Thank you for submitting the recipe.