Recipe by Gwanny Hill
My family enjoys onions just about every way they can be prepared. This is one of the recipes they enjoy most. It's tasty enough to serve to company
- 5 vidalia onions, sliced and rings separated
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Saute onions in 2 tablespoons melted butter over medium heat until translucent.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Spoon half the onion mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Top with remaining onion mixture and the crushed cracker crumbs which have been mixed with the remaining melted butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.