Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
A unique twist on Baked Alaska from the Tabasco company. Time does not include any freezing time.
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon tabasco brand hot pepper sauce, divided in half
- 4 individual sponge cake shells (available at the market, or use the recipe of your choice)
- 1 pint ice cream
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 4 strawberries, cut into fans
- Combine apricot preserves and 1/2 teaspoon TABASCO® Sauce in small bowl.
- Place sponge cake cups 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Brush with apricot mixture.
- Place 1 scoop ice cream on each sponge cake cup.
- Freeze until firm.
- In large bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining 1/2 teaspoon TABASCO® sauce, allspice and marshmallow crème; beating until soft peaks form.
- Spread meringue evenly over ice cream and sponge cake cups,covering completely.
- To serve, preheat oven to 500°F Remove meringue-covered sponge cake cups from freezer; bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Garnish each with strawberry fan and serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings.