Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from a 1990 NAHC Wild Game Cookbook. I have several of these cookbooks and I just love them. Recipes from these cookbooks come from people like you and me. You could also use beef.
- Cut steaks1/2 to 3/4 inch thick, cut in small sizes. Sprinkle the meat lightly with garlic salt, celery salt and pepper.
- Flour meat and brown on both sides in 1/4 cup oil. When meat is brown, place in a baking dish or pan large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Spread meat evenly over bottom of pan.
- Spread onion, celery and mushrooms over meat.
- In a separate dish or bowl, add cream of mushroom soup, cheese soup and water. Mix well and pour over meat and vegetables.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender. Serve over rice or noodles.