Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious Italian flavors; extra cheesy for my kids! Any steak will work in this recipe, although I use 1/2 inch thick butterflies. I use either purchased spaghetti sauce or homemade Italian tomato sauce.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb venison steak, boneless (I use 6 butterfly steaks)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic salt and Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Beat egg with salt and pepper in a second bowl.
- Dip meat in egg, then coat well with crumbs.
- Place steaks on a plate and refrigerate 20 minutes to set crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; melt butter in a 9x13 pan till hot in oven.
- Add steaks to pan; bake 15-20 minutes.
- Flip steaks, spoon spaghetti sauce over the meat and bake another 15-20 minutes until meat is tender. (Time will vary depending on thickness of steaks).
- Top with mozzarella, baking 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
I completely agree with "ckmclements", I used thin medallions and they still turned out great!
The venison I had was essentially very thin deer medallions, but it didn't matter. This was really good, and definitely a new and interesting way to cook deer that's not plain ol' deerburgers or deer chili. Really easy to make for sure. Thanks for a great recipe!