This is a dish I came up with last year, adapting an old Italian recipe and some ideas from tv cooking shows to use with trout.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the head, fins, and tail of the cleaned trout, and wash out any remaining guts, and pat dry.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3Slice the fennel and onion in half, then thinly slice them on a long bias, so that they are kinda stringy. A mandoline is helpful for this.
- 4Place sliced veggies in a large bowl, add some salt and pepper, parsley, the balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, and toss to combine.
- 5Stuff the veggie slaw, along with one of the small bundles of thyme into the body cavities of each fish, and tie to help hold it inches Place the fish in an oiled baking dish, stuff any remaining veggies into and around the belly of the fishes so that it is overflowing.
- 6Drizzle a little more olive oil over the fish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake at 400 for 25 to 30 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and the veggies are soft.
- 7The skin should just peel away, and the meat flake away from the bones.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Veggie Slaw Stuffed Trout
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.4
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2390.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs