Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mmmm, comfort food! I love this topped with chopped onions. Kinda reminds me of Steak N Shakes chili spaghetti, but so much better! Oh, and it's vegetarian too.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 26 ounces fat free spaghetti sauce
- 15 ounces vegetarian chili
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped onion (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain. While pasta cooks, mix sauce and next 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes.
- Coat a 13” x 9” baking dish with spray. Add pasta and top with sauce. (May be covered and refrigerated at this point. Bake 35 minutes or until heated).
- Bake at 375F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Top with onions if desired.
We really enjoyed this recipe! Baked speghetti goes way back in our family, so having a nice spin on it was fun. I used Amy's vegetarian chili and it tasted great.
This was different. The canned vegetarian chili was not so good in this. I used Dennisons brand. I think my family saw that it looked like regular italian spaghetti, but it tasted strange, but was not bad. Husband said it was good. Its probably just a taste preference thing for me.
I thought it was a little hot but other than that I loved it. I thought it was very easy to make.