Recipe by spiritussancto
i haven't tried this yet. saving for safekeeping. i don't usually like cauliflower but this seems different enough to be tasty. i'm told this works fine with gluten-free flour and/or soy milk if desired. a cup of hot sauce seems like an awful lot to me. i'll probably start with less. i'd also like to incorporate jack cheese into this somehow but haven't figured it out yet. i'll adjust after i've tried it. i see no reason you couldn't do this with bbq sauce or whatever instead
Top Review by Tamaretta
Loved this recipe! Next I make this I will bake the cauliflower on a rack so the bottom stays crispy too. also might consider adding some dry ranch dressing mix into the flour just for a little extra flavor boost...Thanks for posting my new favorite vegetable dish!
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped into pieces)
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce or 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (melted) or 1 tablespoon margarine (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine the milk, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 18 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine your buffalo sauce and olive oil or margarine in a small bowl.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve alongside blue cheese or ranch dressing and celery sticks.