This is from The Best of International Cooking book. for ZWT Greece
Make and share this Baked Vegetables (Turlu Furno) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 small eggplants, peeled, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cut in wedges
- 5 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, cut in wedges
- Butter a large baking dish; set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of eggplant slices with salt; let stand 1 hour. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. In buttered dish, arrange eggplant slices, potatoes, zucchini, dill and parsley.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onion and garlic, saute until transparent. stir into eggplant mixture. Stir in salt, pepper, and broth.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and 1 Tbsp cheese. After baking eggplant mixture 45 minutes, stir tomatoes and crumb mixture into vegetable mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer or until tomatoes are cooked.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve hot.
This was a delicious dish and a great new way for us to cook fresh vegetables! It's very healthy and I loved the fresh flavors. Living in Asia, we did the Asia thing and ate it with rice. ;) My DD's weren't too sure about all the cooked veggies at first, but ended up liking it more than they thought and my oldest even asked for 2nd's. Made for ZWT 4 for our awesome team, Los Jefes de la Cocina!