1/1 Photo of Baked Vegetables (Turlu Furno)
1 hr 30 mins
This is from The Best of International Cooking book. for ZWT Greece
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 small eggplants, peeled, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cut in wedges
- 5 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, cut in wedges
- 1Butter a large baking dish; set aside.
- 2Sprinkle both sides of eggplant slices with salt; let stand 1 hour. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. In buttered dish, arrange eggplant slices, potatoes, zucchini, dill and parsley.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F
- 4Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onion and garlic, saute until transparent. stir into eggplant mixture. Stir in salt, pepper, and broth.
- 5Cover and bake 45 minutes.
- 6In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and 1 Tbsp cheese. After baking eggplant mixture 45 minutes, stir tomatoes and crumb mixture into vegetable mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer or until tomatoes are cooked.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Vegetables (Turlu Furno)
Serving Size: 1 (957 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.3
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 627.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.8 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 13.6 g