Recipe by Sandyg61
Zucchini, yellow squash and eggplant sticks that are lightly coated with seasoned breadcrumbs and then baked. I serve this either as a vegetable or as an appetizer with marinara sauce
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 small Japanese eggplant
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Cut the vegetables in half lengthwise and then cut each section in half crosswise.
- Cut the quaters into long strips 1/4 inch thick.
- Toss the vegetables with the olive oil.
- Mix all ofthe dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add a handfull of vegetables to the breadcumbs and coat with crumbs.
- Lightly shake off any excess crumbs and place the vegetables in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all of the vegetables are done.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn the vegetables over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Coating should be crisp and vegetables tender.