Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is more filling than your average omelet. It goes great with salad and toast. A small food processor can really speed up the preparation (although I still prefer to shred the zucchini by hand).
- 3 medium carrots (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Preheat oven to 375°F Shred vegetables on a course grater or in a food processor. Squeeze as much moisture as possible from zucchini.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, then mix in vegetables and remaining ingredients except for butter.
- Grease a 9- or 10-inch casserole or deep glass pie pan. Fill with egg mixture, dot with butter and bake about 30 minutes until firm.
- Let cool 5 minutes before cutting. This dish is best served warm, not hot.
This was a good filling breakfast. I really liked the texture and taste from the whole wheat flour. I think I'll try this with different combinations of vegetables too.