Recipe by barefootmommawv
Great make ahead side dish for any occasion.
Top Review by *Parsley*
What a colorful veggie dish! This really goes well with any meat or fish but I think chicken is the best match for this. I wouldn't need any other side dish besides this. I did add some garlic and used real cheddar cheese (more than 1/2 cup) but I still thought it could have used some more flavor. Maybe fresh parsley or cayenne or some mustard? Next time I'll play around more. I will use this recipe again, especially over the holidays when I have leftovers from those veggie trays! Thanx!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup processed cheese sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots in a steamer basket; place in a large sauce pan over 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-9 minutes or until crisp tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and onions in butter until tender.
- Drain vegetables. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and cheese sauce. Add the vegetables and mushroom mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.