1/1 Photo of Baked Vegetable Custard With Crispy Bacon
1 hr 10 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe is from myswitzerland.com and has been posted here for play in ZWT - 7 World tour - Switzerland. The people of the Engadine did not want to have weddings without their traditional barley soup. They refined the soup and left out the barley and thus the Engadine wedding soup was created. Incidentally it also tastes delicious as a flan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 ml meat stock
- 100 g leeks, cut into very thin
- 100 g celery, diced into tiny cubes
- 50 g carrots, diced into tiny cubes
- 150 ml double cream
- 3 fresh eggs
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 slices bacon (cooked crispy)
- 1Preheat oven to 170 c or (340 f).
- 2Grease the ramakin dishes with margarine and put aside until needed.
- 3Place the meat stock in a pan and bring to a boil.
- 4Add the leeks, celery and carrots, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 3 - 5 minutes.
- 5Transfer the vegetable mixture to a bowl and cool slightly.
- 6Mix the cream and eggs together, then add them to the vegetable mixture, season with parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 7Divide the mixture into 6 ramakin dishes and seal with foil.
- 8To bake: stand the 6 dishes on a cloth in a baking tin. Fill the tin with boiling.
- 9water to 2/3 the height of the dishes and set the tin in the middle of baking sheet.
- 10Bake for approximately 40 minutes on a low rack in the oven. The custard should give slightly when pressed with a finger.
- 11Remove baking tin, take dishes out of water let stand for 5 minutes, them remove foil and cool slightly.
- 12When serving carefully loosen custard around sides with the point of a knife.
- 13Turn out onto plates and garnish with halved bacon slices.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Vegetable Custard With Crispy Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.4
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.3 mg
- Sodium 326.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: