Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice and easy finish to a meal. Put it in to bake while you are eating and the aroma will drive you wild.
- 2 pears, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons raisins (or currants)
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto (or water)
- vanilla powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel, core & halve pears.
- Mix vanilla, raisins and Amaretto together.
- Set pears, rounded side down, in a pan with 2 inch sides.
- Pour liquid mixture over pears. Cover with tinfoil and bake 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of vanilla powder.
The pears smelled good and tasted good too!
These smelled so fabulous but were not as rich in flavor as we'd hoped...still a nice, light treat with vanilla icecream!