Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I am looking forward to summer to try this recipe from Womans Day out !
- 50 g butter
- 4 peaches
- 1 vanilla bean, halved, seeds scraped
- 118.29 ml honey
- 300 ml white wine
- ice cream, to serve
- Pre heat oven to 160 C.
- Grease small baking dish with the butter.
- Cut a cross in the bottom of each peach.
- Place cross side up in dish.
- Top each peach with vanilla seeds.
- Drizzle evenly with honey.
- Pour wine into dish around peaches.
- Bake 45 minutes or till tender.
- Serve with ice cream.
Wonderful recipe - the peaches were absolutely delicious! The honey and vanilla really complimented the peaches and the white wine really added a great taste. Will definitely be making them again. Made for Everyday is a Food Holiday, October, 2011.
I have only one regret and that is our fresh peach season is way too short and we will not be able to enjoy this delightfully delicious dessert more often. I used 3 peaches and lightly greased and 8x8 cake tin with a little butter, slit the peaches and put a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla paste on top of each peach and then drizzled about 1/2 tablespoon of honey on each (cutting back due to diabetic reasons) and used 200ml of Chardonnay. Baked at 150C fan forced oven and were ready in 35 minutes. Served with some french vanilla bean icecream and some of the sauce from the baking tray. Thank you katew, made for Everyday A Holiday.