Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter, add to above
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 5 drops vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives,cut in butter until evenly distributed and mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- With a fork, lightly mix in sugar, egg and enough ice water to make a dough.
- Press into a ball and wrap in foil or plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 10-in flan tin with a removable bottom.
- Place dough in tin without stretching.
- ** FILLING **
- Beat cream cheese, oil, sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch, vanilla and milk in alarge bowl until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn off oven.
- Let cheesecake cool in oven with door open slightly.
- Remove cooled cheesecake from tin and serve.
I made this for 4th of July and the family seemed to like it, but I was a little bit ify about it. The pastry shell didnt come out how I thought it would. It was very watery so I added more flour and sugar. Even with doing that it wasn't able to be pressed into a ball. I don't know if I just did somthing wrong or if that is how it is suppoed to be. 30 minutes refrigeration time for it was too short so I refrigerated it overnight. But once I took it out it got melty right away. I didn't make a cheesecake, I made mini cheesecakes using a cupcake tin. It came out ok. It didn't taste how I thought it would either. But the recipe was still good and I think I might try it again and see if it comes out any different.
I used a pre-made pie shell, though I'm sure it would've been even more awesome had a made it from scratch. This is so much better than regular cheesecake that you don't bake. It really taste like a "special dessert".