1/1 Photo of Baked Two-Cheese Penne (With Ingredients of Own Choice)
dcwang wang's Note:
I found a recipe on www.fooddownunder.com called mozzarella pasta penne. It called for canned tomatoes, but I omitted it and came up with my own version of it. I think, you too can come up with your variation. How much of each ingredient you use depends on your appetite! I used the smalles amount of everything, but the largest is the one given by the website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -6 ounces dry penne pasta
- 1 1/2-4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2/3-2 tablespoon olive oil (I used grapeseed oil)
- 3 1/3-5 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil (I omit)
- 1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 -2 stalk chopped celery or 1 -2 stalk other vegetables (or other desired ingredient)
- 1Cook penne pasta until tender.
- 2Drain and place in oven proof pan.
- 3In a skillet, heat oil and saute tomatoes, or in my case celery.
- 4Use a wodden spoon to break downt he tomatoes/stir the celery.
- 5Stir in the mozzarella, half the parmesan, basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Let mixture bil and turn off heat.
- 7Pour the mixuture over the pasta.
- 8Bake at 400F (200C) for ten minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Two-Cheese Penne (With Ingredients of Own Choice)
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.8
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 1296.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 45.4 g