I found a recipe on www.fooddownunder.com called mozzarella pasta penne. It called for canned tomatoes, but I omitted it and came up with my own version of it. I think, you too can come up with your variation. How much of each ingredient you use depends on your appetite! I used the smalles amount of everything, but the largest is the one given by the website.
- 2 -6 ounces dry penne pasta
- 1 1⁄2-4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2⁄3-2 tablespoon olive oil (I used grapeseed oil)
- 3 1⁄3-5 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil (I omit)
- 1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 -2 stalk chopped celery or 1 -2 stalk other vegetables (or other desired ingredient)
- Cook penne pasta until tender.
- Drain and place in oven proof pan.
- In a skillet, heat oil and saute tomatoes, or in my case celery.
- Use a wodden spoon to break downt he tomatoes/stir the celery.
- Stir in the mozzarella, half the parmesan, basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Let mixture bil and turn off heat.
- Pour the mixuture over the pasta.
- Bake at 400F (200C) for ten minutes or until cheese is golden brown.