Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another great use for leftover turkey, you could even use Spam turkey for a more economical meal. I made this for my DH's birthday lunch with some salad & garlic bread & everyone really enjoyed it.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 600 g cooked turkey, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- Heat oil & saute onion and zucchinis until onion has softened. Add turkey & sage, cook for 2 minutes.
- Scatter mixture into a greased20cm x 30cm oven-proof dish.
- Whisk eggs with milk & cream.
- In a separate bowl mix some of the egg mixture with the flour to make a smooth paste then mix through main mixture with salt & pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over turkey evenly and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 160.C for 45 mins or until set & golden.