Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I just invented this tonight, and I'm posting it with the picture to tempt you. I formulated this to only use one pot, not including the baking dish. Let me know if I should adjust some of the liquids, because I modified as I went. I like to do two smaller pans instead of one large one because you can freeze one and then pop it in the oven on a later busy night.
- 453.59 g ground turkey (or turkey sausage, removed from casings)
- 453.59 g package whole wheat ziti
- 236.59 ml fat free sour cream or 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 59.16 ml boursin cheese (can substitute ricotta, more sour cream)
- 737.08 g jar spaghetti sauce
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes
- 170.09 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 56.69 g parmesan cheese
- 113.39 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shredded carrot (you can use a peeler to shred it) (optional)
- 14.79 ml virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml red wine (optional)
- Italian spices, to taste
- Cook ziti according to package directions.
- In large stockpot on med-high heat, add oil, garlic, onions, carrot shreds, and ground turkey. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Add mushrooms and wine to pot, let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sauce and tomatoes with juice to pot, heat on medium until warmed through. Add boursin and sour cream to taste, and cooked ziti. You may also add extra sauce or diced tomatoes if it looks too dry for you. Add seasonings, to taste, depending on how flavorful your jar sauce is. I like Bertolli or Barilla or 5 Brothers.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray and then put the mixture in the dish. Cook covered for 30 mins at 350, then broil the top for 2 minutes if you like it golden brown.