Prep 35 mins
Cook 55 mins
Tender, moist turkey flavored with rosemary, thyme and bay leaf--a crowd-Pleaser. Original recipe by Earl Peyroux.
- Salt and pepper the turkey thighs.
- Sprinkle with oil and place in baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Sauté potatoes in butter and 1 tsp oil for 15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Baste turkey with white wine.
- Add rosemary, bay leaves and thyme.
- Add sautéed potatoes around turkey and return to oven. Continue baking another 20 minutes.
- Pour the cooking fluid into a measuring cup. Remove excess fat and serve turkey with sauce on the side for dipping or pour some over turkey.
Well this recipe is certainly easy. Not much work. I didn't have any potatoes so I just did the turkey thighs (2). The flavors were good, but the turkey could have been more tender. Next time (there will be a next time) I will lower the temperature to 300* and cook for longer, maybe 1 1/4 hours. Sheila in Canada
Wonderful recipe. I used regular sized potatoes, cut in thick slices. The turkey was very moist and flavorful. I will definitely make this again.
Made as a possibility for Thanksgiving, really nice, I had to turn up the heat at the end to get hem to brown, but a good way to make legs and thighs.