Recipe by MTDavids
Quick, easy, and suprisingly tasty. For slow, deliberate, meticulous, and older cooks like myself, double time to make. If my wife is in the kitchen supervising, the time is increased exponentially. Note: Julesong's "Whathaveyou sauce" (Reuben Sandwich Our Way) elevates this sandwich to a 6 star level. Try it!
- 3 slices turkey pastrami, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons sauerkraut, drained
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 1 kaiser roll, split
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing or 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place split roll, inside up, on a baking sheet.
- Bake until slightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread sauce on one half of roll and cover with turkey pastrami.
- Place kraut on the other half and cover with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
- If using horseradish sauce, serve with dill pickle chips and mustard on the side.
- We have also used rye bread in lieu of rolls. Works well.