Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Stop eating beef a while ago.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) box spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- water, for boiling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dice up the onion, red and green peppers and garlic. Put aside.
- In a large bowl, season ground turkey with the salt and cayenne pepper. Mix with your hands for even distribution.
- Add diced garlic to the meat.
- Add egg and mix with hands again.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix with hands for the last time.
- Take chunks of the meat and ball them into whatever size you want.
- On a baking sheet lined with foil (non-stick), place the meatballs.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil on meatballs.
- Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes, until brown.
- Bring water to a boil. Boil Spaghetti for 12 minutes.
- Heat a skillet and add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Cook diced onions and peppers till tender.
- Add jar of pasta sauce to simmer for 5-7 minutes. Turn off fire.
- Strain pasta when done. And put aside too cool.
- When meatballs are done baking, add them to the sauce.
- Serve with the spaghetti.