Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The bulk of the time spent with this recipe is marinating and cooking, very little active time involved.A slightly different take on a baked turkey breast. Adapted from Vermont Kitchens Revisited cookbook. Marinating time is not included in the prep and cooking times.
- Rinse the turkey breast with cold water; pat dry. Combine the butter, garlic, and salt; stir well. Brush the butter mixture over the turkey breast and set aside.
- Combine the lemon juice and the remaining ingredients in the container of an electric blender or food processor to make the marinade, and process until smooth.
- Place the turkey breast in a large zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag. Pour the marinade mixture over the turkey. Seal the bag securely and place the turkey in a large bowl; marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the turkey from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Place the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Split the marinade in half. Use half to baste the turkey and half to serve with the turkey. Keep the halves separate so you don't serve contaminated sauce.
- Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch bone. Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours or until the meat thermometer registers 170 degrees. Baste the turkey occasionally with half the marinade.
- Let the turkey rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.