Recipe by LibraryAuLait
This is a low calorie alternative to the usual dish. WW. You could easily substitute chicken (or even Veggie Crumbles) for the turkey.
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, mild, drained and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fat-free monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Coat a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add turkey to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid from pan and then add beans, 8 ounces of salsa, chili peppers, chili powder and scallions. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes; stir in cheese.
- Assemble chimichangas by spooning about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto each tortilla; fold in sides and roll up.
- Place chimichangas in prepared baking dish. Bake uncovered until tortillas are crisp and brown, about 20 minutes. Serve each topped with 2 tablespoons of additional salsa and 1 tablespoon of sour cream.