Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
5 points a serving. Ridiculously easy. Great with a black bean and corn salad (not included in points.) PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS 9 POINTS WITH THE NEW WEIGHT WATCHERS !!!!
- cooking spray (2 sprays)
- 226.79 g uncooked ground turkey breast
- 453.59 g canned fat-free refried beans
- 414.03 ml salsa
- 127.57 g canned green chili peppers, mild, drained and diced
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 44.37 ml scallions, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 8 large burrito-size wheat flour tortillas
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 118.29 ml nonfat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Coat a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add turkey to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid from pan and then add beans, 1 3/4 cups of salsa, chili peppers, chili powder and scallions. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes; stir in cheese.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil; warm in oven for 10 minutes.
- Assemble chimichangas by spooning about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto each tortilla; fold in sides and roll up.
- Place chimichangas in prepared baking dish. Bake uncovered until tortillas are crisp and browned, about 20 minutes. Serve each topped with 2 Tbsp of salsa and 1 Tbsp of sour cream.
9 PointsPlus Value
A staple around my house. They freeze well too and make a great lunch. I usually make 10 at a time and freeze them in individual baggies. Very easy to make too! Thanks for sharing!
I'm not a stickler on the points, so I made a few changes. I used a little less salsa, omitted the chili peppers and used black beans (drained) instead of refried beans. We really enjoyed them and I will make them again. Thanks for posting!