- cooking spray (2 sprays)
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked ground turkey breast
- 16 ounces canned fat-free refried beans
- 1 3⁄4 cups salsa
- 4 1⁄2 ounces canned green chili peppers, mild, drained and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 8 large burrito-size wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Coat a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add turkey to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid from pan and then add beans, 1 3/4 cups of salsa, chili peppers, chili powder and scallions. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes; stir in cheese.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil; warm in oven for 10 minutes.
- Assemble chimichangas by spooning about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto each tortilla; fold in sides and roll up.
- Place chimichangas in prepared baking dish. Bake uncovered until tortillas are crisp and browned, about 20 minutes. Serve each topped with 2 Tbsp of salsa and 1 Tbsp of sour cream.