Recipe by Sackville
Being able to bake risotto is a dream come true, since who has time anymore to stand over the stove and constantly stir it? Not me, at least not most days.
Top Review by ElleFirebrand
This was full of flavor, but I think the cooking times were wrong. My risotto came out pretty dry, and I had to stir in about a half cup of chicken stock to make it resemble risotto. Overall this resulted in a tasty, but not too pretty tuna and rice dish. This is an easy weeknight supper, but I don't think I would serve it to company. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200 g arborio rice
- 375 ml chicken stock
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 (185 g) cans tuna
- 2 cups finely sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 12 fresh basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C or about 375 F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Lightly fry the onion for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir for another minute.
- Add the stock to the rice with the tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmering point and then stir in the tuna and zucchini.
- Season with black pepper and salt and then put in an ovenproof dish and bake for 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Scatter shredded basil leaves over the top and the freshly grated parmesan just before serving.