Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Being able to bake risotto is a dream come true, since who has time anymore to stand over the stove and constantly stir it? Not me, at least not most days.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C or about 375 F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Lightly fry the onion for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir for another minute.
- Add the stock to the rice with the tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmering point and then stir in the tuna and zucchini.
- Season with black pepper and salt and then put in an ovenproof dish and bake for 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Scatter shredded basil leaves over the top and the freshly grated parmesan just before serving.
This was full of flavor, but I think the cooking times were wrong. My risotto came out pretty dry, and I had to stir in about a half cup of chicken stock to make it resemble risotto. Overall this resulted in a tasty, but not too pretty tuna and rice dish. This is an easy weeknight supper, but I don't think I would serve it to company. Thanks for sharing.