Recipe by wife2abadge
I got this years ago from Hellman's and it's remained my favorite tuna casserole recipe. I use lowfat Miracle Whip instead of mayo though.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 15 ounces tuna in water, drained
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip light
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet sprayed with Pam, saute onion, green pepper, and mushrooms until tender, sitrring frequently (about 5 min).
- Stir together with the next six ingredients.
- Add the noodles, mixing well but gently.
- Turn into a greased 2-qt casserole dish.
- Top with cheese and baked uncovered at 400 degrees until heated thorugh (20-30 minutes).