Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Indian stlye baked fish for special occasions. I personally do not like fish but my wife said she enjoyed it. I obtained the recipe from an Indian cookery course I am attening in Coventry England
- 2 whole trout, gutted (or fish of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 black cardamom pods (optional)
- 1 inch cinnamon bark
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- flaked almonds
- lemon wedge
- fresh bay leaf
- Rinse the fish under running water.
- Sprinkle the fish with half the lemon juice and place in oven proof dish.
- Preheat oven 190c/375f/Gas5.
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato puree, ground almonds, ginger pulp,garlic pulp, Tabasco sauce, garam masala, yoghurt, salt, cocnut milk, coriander and the remaining lemon juice.
- Pour in 125ml/4fl.
- oz water and blend everything together.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil with the bay leaf, cardamoms and cinnamon for 30 seconds.
- Pour the sauce mixture into this and bring to the boil.
- reduce the heat and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Pour over the trout (or fish of your choice) and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
Excellent dish! Easy to prepare and very delightful taste. I substituted my home garden Habanaro pepper sauce and fresh tomatoes since I had them. Will serve this again as well!