Indian stlye baked fish for special occasions. I personally do not like fish but my wife said she enjoyed it. I obtained the recipe from an Indian cookery course I am attening in Coventry England
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole trout, gutted (or fish of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 black cardamom pods (optional)
- 1 inch cinnamon bark
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Rinse the fish under running water.
- 2Sprinkle the fish with half the lemon juice and place in oven proof dish.
- 3Preheat oven 190c/375f/Gas5.
- 4In a bowl, mix together the tomato puree, ground almonds, ginger pulp,garlic pulp, Tabasco sauce, garam masala, yoghurt, salt, cocnut milk, coriander and the remaining lemon juice.
- 5Pour in 125ml/4fl.
- 6oz water and blend everything together.
- 7In a frying pan, heat the oil with the bay leaf, cardamoms and cinnamon for 30 seconds.
- 8Pour the sauce mixture into this and bring to the boil.
- 9reduce the heat and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- 10Pour over the trout (or fish of your choice) and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Trout with Spicy Almond and Coconut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.5
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 624.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: